[C320-list] Jib Furling line.

Doug Treff doug at treff.us
Mon Jul 12 07:42:08 PDT 2021

Harry,

I will add to Chris' comments, you need to choose a very-low-stretch or no-stretch type of line. Furling the jib is difficult enough, you don't want to add a stretchy line to the list of things that make your jib more difficult to furl.

I bought 65' of 5/16" (8MM) Samson XLS3 line from Defender a while back and it's been great. It's plenty long to tie off to my furling line cleat with length to spare.
 https://www.defender.com/product.jsp?id=4803861

I also paid Defender to have the ends whipped. They did a nice professional job on them, as expected, but it can get expensive. I saved enough money on the line from the local West Marine, and I felt better about paying for the whip. It's currently $6 per end to whip the line.
https://www.defender.com/product.jsp?id=108151

Catalina Direct has the line on their site and they specify 70'. https://www.catalinadirect.com/shop-by-boat/catalina-34/rigging/furling-gear/furling-line-c-30-c-320/5052/

--
Doug Treff