[C320-list] Jib Furling line.

Troy Dunn troutwarrior at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 11:43:27 PDT 2021

Agree with all these thoughts.   I just replaced my line with 70' of
Sta-Set X.   It’s a lower stretch version of the Sta-Set line.   I also
installed a Harken Carbo Ratching block with a cam cleat.   This setup is a
game changer for sure.   The ratching block adds some mechanical advantage
to the furler without losing the 'feel' for what is happening to the furler
itself.

As a side note.   Although our Elvstrom sails are now three years old…I
still have new sail-itis.   Anyone that drags my Genoa across the stays, or
attempts to turn up into the wind to reef/furl the Genoa gets demoted to
passenger.  A much more controlled way to reef/furl the Genoa is to turn
downwind past 120 and use the main to back wind the Genoa.   I recognize
this isn’t possible for folks that love to sail with just a headsail…those
folks also end up in the passenger position…ha!

Troy Dunn
Hull #514