[C320-list] Seacock question

Jack Brennan jackbrennan at bellsouth.net
Thu Jul 15 19:22:02 PDT 2021

I have two Marelon seacocks under the galley sink. The one that drains the sink is a standard valve in which the lever moves 90 degrees: Up to drain, down to close.

The second seacock drains the shower pan. The lever moves 180 degrees. It seems to drain when the lever is up and close when I move it to the left. I don’t know what happens when I turn it to the right.

Before I do something stupid like remove the hose someday, I thought I’d ask the question: Is this the way it’s supposed to be? Or is the seacock broken?

Jack Brennan
Sonas, 1998 Catalina 320
Tierra Verde, Fl.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10