[C320-list] Seacock question

Jack Brennan jackbrennan at bellsouth.net
Fri Jul 16 07:19:22 PDT 2021

Thanks, all.

Jeff, mine is the same as yours. The fridge drains into the bilge. One outlet goes to the head pump and the other to the shower sump. I thought that was how it worked, but you know how it is when you try to remember things away from the boat when you’re in your 60s …

This is part of my scheming about air conditioning. A boat mechanic was recommending that I try to install the AC in one of the lockers under the V berth instead of the port cockpit locker. That makes some sense because the front of the cockpit locker already has a lot of 12 volt charging stuff.

That would give me two choices for an AC seacock. One would be the unused knotmeter hole. The other would be to use the through hull that now drains the head sink. We only use freshwater in the head for smell reasons, so I would drain the sink directly into the head.

The sink through hull is attractive because I could get it installed without an immediate haulout. The good boatyards in Florida often have a monthslong waiting list.

I’m off to do some crawling around on the boat this morning to see whether any of this makes sense.

Jack Brennan
Sonas, 1998 Catalina 320
Tierra Verde, Fl.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10