[C320-list] Inverter

Joe Luciano jnluciano at comcast.net
Sun Jul 25 10:25:12 PDT 2021

Jerry,

To me, charging batteries dockside is a secondary thing because typically if you are there overnight, there is plenty of time to come to a full charge.  The bigger issue is charging from the engine and topping off.  For that, you need an alternator with 3 stage voltage regulation vs. an automotive type alternator that comes standard.  I upgraded mine when new with a Balmar, got one that would fit and run off the same belt as the factory alternator, yet had the 3 stage voltage regulator.  This allows me to top off the last 20% when motoring for a short period depending on how much I’ve pulled the batteries down.

Joe Luciano
Second Wind
2005 C-320 #1024