[C320-list] Potable Water filter and Bilge Pump

Ken McCrimmon kenmccrimmon at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 7 18:45:16 PDT 2021

Hi
First time out this weekend for me on Kia Ora.  I had two items that I am looking for input on.

  1.   The water that is available at the dock is the municipal water supply.  When I tried it this weekend, it was undrinkable.  Tasted like clorine or bleach.  Can't cook with it, drink it, don't even want to bath with it.  I saw an article on the Technical page about putting in a filter.  It was either from Jeff Hare or Warren Updike.  I would be interested in more information, such as where to install it and what to buy.  The original article was from 2016, so there may be new information available.
  2.  Bilge pump.  I tried my bilge pump this weekend for the first time.
     *   It kept running in either automatic or manual mode, even though there was nothing in the bilge.  Could be the sensor.  Have seen an article on the Technical page about replacing the electronic or mechanical switch.  Does that sound like the right fix
     *   The pump itself makes a lot of noise.  I took a video of it running and it has the sound.  Sounds like a playing card in the spokes of your bike wheel but you are doing 100 mph.  I can share the video if it would help.  It is a model 37202-0000.  Are bilge pumps supposed to sound like this or should I be looking to replace it before it takes flight

Any advice is appreciated.

Ken