[C320-list] Refrigeration Diagnostics Assistance

Troy Dunn troutwarrior at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 05:51:57 PDT 2021

Bob

Unless you have a load on the batteries a surface charge can last a very
long time depending on environmental conditions and parasitic loads.  Plus,
if the boat is at the dock and it's plugged in, the charger is probably
triggered back into absorption so, that's most likely what he's seeing
there.

Our batteries ask for a bulk charge up around 14.9 V (uncompensated).
When we get to our programmed full charge taper current of around 2A on our
562 Ah of total capacity across house and reserve ( 100 Ah ).  Our “surface
charge” remains so long that our ACR doesn’t usually disconnect until about
2 hours into sailing with all of our electronics and the autopilot running.
  That’s because the ACR thinks it is seeing charge voltage but it’s really
just the surface charge.

YMWV-