[C320-list] Perkins motor oil filler

Joe Jablonowski appleton1 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 2 18:48:15 PST 2021

 The metal cap has tabs on the bottom to engage with slots in the top of the coolant intake. like on a car's radiator, to hold coolant pressure.The black plastic cap for the oil entry to the top of the valve area oil fill is unpressurized.Search this forum for various approaches to suck out the old oil.By the way, after having trouble getting a tight fit with some replacement filters that were "supposed" to be equivalent to the factory original, I went and ordered genuine Perkins oil (and diesel) filters; never had a problem since.- Joe Jablonowski, s/v Assignment #103