[C320-list] Alternator Fuse on Yanmar 3YM30 powered 320 MK II

Troy Dunn troutwarrior at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 19:47:14 PDT 2021

Ian

Hopefully someone with a MK II hull will come along and confirm.  I don’t
believe the stock alternator is fused on a  320.    I believe on later
model 320s there is an 80A breaker (or maybe a fuse)  located at the
battery combiner/selector switch.   If this is blown however I think your
house loads would not work either.  18V does seem quite high.     If the
alternator is not an upgrade, the internal VR seems like a possible culprit
for sure.   If your batteries aren’t charging at all, even on shore
power,.check and make sure the fuses for the shore power aren't blown,
these should be located within 7” of the batteries.   If both the fuses are
blown AND the VR is blown...that's unusual...lightening strike?

Regards

Troy Dunn
Hull #514