[C320-list] Tachometer only works at startup

Jeff Smith jeffreyssmith at live.com
Thu Mar 18 13:56:23 PDT 2021

Clay,

Is it only your Tach or are all of your instruments on the cluster inop? I noticed my tach was operating intermittently (similar to what you suggested). It turns out my alternator was not working. Once I replaced my alternator, I got my tach back. I am less inclined to think this is the case if your hour meter still works. However, to rule that out as an issue, check voltage from your alternator. Especially if your alternator is the original Lucas alternator.

Good luck,

Jeff
’94, #121