[C320-list] Instrument replacement

Jack Brennan jackbrennan at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 18 16:08:27 PDT 2021

Man, it would crush me to see all of those amps draining out of the batteries and into radar.

It’s only now that I have my system to the point where the solar panels can handle the fridge, instruments, TV and music without needing to run the diesel or plug in at a dock.

By the way, I’ve had good luck with my Raymarine EV-100 autopilot up to the low 20s of wind on many – but not all -- points of sail. One fix that helped me was rewiring the plug that goes into the electric motor at the helm.

When I first installed it, the autopilot would get overwhelmed in bigger/choppy seas and I would get an error message. Turns out that the wires from the factory were not making a great connection. I forget exactly how I did it, but it wasn’t difficult.

Jack Brennan
Sonas, 1998 Catalina 320
Tierra Verde, Fl.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10