[C320-list] Cleaning Stainless Steel and Swim Platform Crack

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 19 11:16:04 PDT 2021

 Jeff I recommend Spotless Stainless  Spotless Stainless Marine Rust Remover and Protectant - 16 Ounce (Pint – MyBoatStore.com which contains citric acid.
It is pricey, but a little goes a very long way and it is easy to use (just brush on, keep it wet with product for about 30 minutes, then rinse off). My first experience with it was cleaning the stainless steel on our home gas range front panel.  It came out great.
I would be concerned if the transom crack is just superficial, but don't have any direct experience to relay.  I do not climb up into my boat using the ladder during winter storage, since that places a lot of weight on the 2 contact points (as compared to if you use the ladder when the boat is in the water and you have buoyancy to offset some of your weight),  I use a stepladder during winter storage to get onto the boat.
Dave Hupe1994 C320 (#32)