[C320-list] Replacing Stem Fitting

Stephen Cox scox at timmin.com
Mon May 3 06:32:53 PDT 2021

The original design is faulty and prone to crevice corrosion.  A competent welder may restore it to the original condition but the design will still be prone to failing over time.  Better to replace the fitting rather than attempt to repair it IMHO.  See https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwif-azoza3wAhUWzjgGHTPGByoQFjACegQIBBAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.catalina320.com%2Ffilemgmt_data%2Ffiles%2FStemhead%2520Article.pdf&usg=AOvVaw32uKnZY0Z1tTrUFSvJSFzR for an article showing what happens.

Regards,

Stephen Cox
Tegwen #1141