[C320-list] Gear shift lever problem

Hans Dose hans.dose at gmail.com
Fri May 7 16:30:12 PDT 2021

Hello David and everyone!

This is my first time jumping in to respond, so I apologize if I'm doing it
wrong by hitting reply vs. reply all.  While this does not directly address
the concern at hand, I thought about those who've needed to replace their
morse cables due to shifter/throttle issues.  Those cables are quite stout
and handle very little load. It doesn't seem like they'd wear out in our
lifetime, given their occasional use.  Cleaning them by running oil through
them may be the answer.  This youtube video shows a guy putting oil in a
hose clamped onto one end and pressurized to flush out accumulated dirt and
sludge, making the cable very smooth again, like a new one.  I'm not having
issues, but plan to flush them out without removing them at some point as
preventative maintenance.  https://youtu.be/_j2xD_8k5yo

Hans Dose
1999 C-320 Hull #569
King's X