[C320-list] Gear shift lever problem

Chris White chriswhite252000 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat May 8 05:19:10 PDT 2021

 David
If you remove the cover on the aft cabin ceiling you will see the two gearbox control cables.Last year the covers on the cables on my boat had perished where they bend sharply, and the inner cables were visible.The cables are easy to buy but not easy to install.The marine engineers who did the work took a day and a half to do it, and this included removing the entire Edson stand, as the gear lever assembly could not be removed without doing so.I also needed a new control lever assembly.
If this is your problem I would advise it being done by professionals.
Regards
Chris WhiteYacht Dandy Catalina 320, #449, 1997.UK