[C320-list] HIN Number Head Scratcher

KEN GEIGER kendgb at aol.com
Mon May 10 08:37:02 PDT 2021

 Ken, I believe you are correct, a C320 should have a "C" in the fourth position.  Now you haven't said where you got the "L" from but maybe your L is a Typo on a document or an obscured C looking like an L on where ever you are reading it.

I think our 320 has the hull number in 3 places. 2 as follows (from the 320 hull ID decoder) and the third on a plate below companionway threshold.

Hull Identification Number (HIN) Location For C320s
The HIN will be found in two locations on Catalina 320s.
   - On the starboard hull exterior, about 1 foot forward of the stern, just below the rail, scratched into the hull surface (it is very faint and hard to read in this location on older boats); and
   - On the starboard hull interior, in the storage space under the v-berth, about 1 foot forward of the bulkhead, written in ink on a laminated label.
Let us know more.
Ken Geiger2000 #765 Northern Dream
 soon to be on Georgian Bay, fingers crossed (re covid )