[C320-list] Weeping Keel Bolt

Tom Grass tgrass462 at gmail.com
Tue May 25 13:24:08 PDT 2021

Our bilge pump has been running quite regularly (every 10 minutes or so, 6
seconds each time) ever since launch two weeks ago.  We assumed we might
have an internal water leak from one of our two water tanks.

We just learned that during commissioning the marina staff noticed a keel
bolt which was apparently allowing water to “weep” into the bilge.  We do
not know the details of this condition, for example does the boat have to
be pulled to fix?

Have any of you had similar experiences?

Thanks.

Tom & Tracy Grass
S/V Bucket List
2008 Catalina 320 MK II