[C320-list] Weeping Keel Bolt

P.F. Ross pfrstl at gmail.com
Wed May 26 08:41:53 PDT 2021

Tom,

I, too, have wondered about water collecting in my bilge around keel
bolts.  Like Dave, my boat is much older than yours and has the "shallow
bilge" so water leak paths are probably different between your boat and
mine.

One thing I have done to "test" this water source is to wet the very tip of
my finger in the water and taste it on the tip of my tongue (and I know I
am not the only one who has done this).  Salty = bad news.  So far, I am
ok, both with not tasting salt and still being alive.  Also, prob not a
good idea if you suspect a holding tank leak.

Not sure where you are, but obviously would not work if you were in fresh
water.  Good luck!

Frank Ross
Beta Wave #206