[C320-list] Galley Storage

Jack Brennan jackbrennan at bellsouth.net
Sun May 30 07:52:03 PDT 2021

The space under the chart table is where we keep the litter box for our seaborne cat, Jocie. She held up well during our six-week trip down western Florida and through the Keys this year, which is more than I can say for some of the crew members I’ve had in the past.

She was never happy when the “house” was moving, but she enjoyed the cozy cabin and watching sunsets from the cockpit. Best of all, she never tried to jump overboard and always retreated to the cabin when the boat was moving.

Food goes in the dry bin. Wine (wrapped in socks) goes in the bins behind the settee backs. Pots, pans, plates, mugs, etc., go in the three lockers above the stove and fridge. The shelf directly above the stove holds spices, paper towels and various other items.

We prefer fresh food, so the fridge gets loaded up. We have a foam divider in it. Colder items are in the starboard section. Items that just need to be chilled are kept to port.

Lastly, we have a Yetti cooler that we strap to the binnacle for drinks. Covered with a towel, it will keep drinks chilled in the Florida sun for two  or three days.

Jack Brennan
Sonas, 1998 Catalina 320
Tierra Verde, Fl.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10