[C320-list] Hull cleaning

Joe Luciano jnluciano at comcast.net
Sat Nov 6 08:55:08 PDT 2021

Biggest issue I see is that if you use ablative paint and either dive or hire a diver to clean the bottom monthly, your paint will be mostly gone in about 6 months.  Local waters are different in different areas.  I live in the Pacific Northwest.  We still have a few DIY yards but they are getting fewer and far between.  Our water is pretty clear, and I lightly brush the bottom when changing zincs once a year.  Beyond that, I repaint every 2-3 years.  Not sure if I’d switch paint types if the bottom needs scrubbing monthly.  You may be better off with a hard paint….

Joe Luciano

Sent from my iPhone