[C320-list] Flooded acid battery and refrigeration questions

Scott Thompson surprise at thompson87.com
Tue Nov 16 13:12:54 PST 2021

The heeling is what worries me, but it should affect all of the cells
equally and so does not explain differential degrees of fluid loss.
Maybe it's more about sloshing, which could be ever so slightly worse
for outboard cells. For one cell to lose more water than the others I'm
thinking it must be more sulfated and thus have lower capacity, causing
it to reach full charge earlier than the other cells. Like you, I've
also noticed that the cell closest to the positive terminal seems to
suffer more.

In any event I've pretty much convinced myself that it's time for new
batteries and possibly a new fridge. I can't complain much about 7 years
for the batteries and 22 years for the fridge. My winter maintenance
list will also tackle the anchor locker drain hose, the stuffing box, my
shower sump pump, and new lifelines. It's always something! I've not yet
replaced other items that have failed for other owners (e.g. the muffler
or fuel tank) so perhaps I should count my blessings.

--
Scott Thompson
Surprise, #653