[C320-list] Galley sink drains

Jeff Smith svsailmates512 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 08:18:46 PDT 2021

Tom,

I am not sure where you keep your boat, so here are a few thoughts:

1. This happened once to me, I took the drain hose loose from the sink and used a shop vac to extract the water from the hose. Then, I checked to the thru-hull. It was clogged with food.
2. The other time this happened it was because of growth in the thru-hull on the water side.

If you can take the drain hose loose at the sink and remove the current water, I would be tempted to open the thru-hull and use a hose to try to dislodge anything that may be growing on the bottom side of the thru-hull. I would probably be tempted to do this at the thru-hull but I don’t want to recommend that to someone else. I do know when I pulled this past spring to repaint the bottom, I had to remove some barnacles from inside the thru-hull. I made sure to coat them well with bottom paint this time and I have not had that issue so far (knock on wood).

I am also not a big fan on the 320 of how the two sinks merge into one discharge tube. That is another place that can easily clog. On my boat, this is all accessible without removing the cabinet face.

Good luck.

Jeff, ’94, #121