[C320-list] Shower sump pump woes

KEN GEIGER kendgb at aol.com
Mon Oct 4 14:08:26 PDT 2021

SCOTT, you can "better" access the shower pump by removing the bins and frame behind the aft cabin door.  Still not easy.  I have had my pump out and apart to clean and it worked after.  Not sure what one calls that type of pump, multiple diaphragm??????, but has 4 or so valve sealing surfaces that can get dirty.
Regards
Ken GeigerNorthern Dream 2000 #765Being hauled out of Georgian Bay tomorrow

Sent from the all-new AOL app for Android

  On Mon., 4 Oct. 2021 at 15:31, Scott Thompson<surprise at thompson87.com> wrote:   At the end of a cruise yesterday someone who shall remain nameless turned on th shower sump pump to drain melt water in the fridge but forgot to turn it off so it ran for quite a while. ( We couldn’t hear it over engine noise. ) Later I noticed more water in the fridge from defrosting and tried the pump again. Nothing pumped out. I correctly thought the filter might be clogged and so we removed it and cleaned it. But the pump won’t prime at all now. Thoughts?  Do I need a new pump?  Any priming tricks welcome.

 And what kind of contortionist installed that thing in the first place. I can look at it through the door under the sink, or I can sort of get my hands in there, but not both at once.