[C320-list] Winterization Plumbing on my C320

Kim Chapman kim.chapman at sympatico.ca
Tue Oct 12 15:09:48 PDT 2021

   I use a shop vac to suck all the water out. You could use the "output"
   air of the shop vac but these devices suck much better than they blow.

   The best place to connect the shop vac to the plumbing is at the pump.
   Disconnect both the in and out lines from the pump. Using duct tape,
   connect the shop vac to the input line. Turn on the shop vac. You will
   be sucking water from the water-tank lines. It is best to do one at a
   time so use the valves appropriately. When both tanks are done connect
   the shop vac to the lines going to the galley, head, and cockpit
   shower. Turn on the shop vac. Again, best to do one line at a time. Go
   to each faucet, open the cold water first. You will know when all of
   the water is sucked out of the line by listening to the air being drawn
   into the faucet. If you hear some gurgling then there is still water in
   the line. When you hear a clean whoosh of air then that line is done.
   Turn off the cold water and open the hot. Continue till all lines are
   done.

   Using this method I have never put anti-freeze in my plumbing !

   Cheers....

   Kim Chapman
   C320 #416
   No Problem