[C320-list] Winterization Plumbing on my C320

Joe M smith.blazer.72 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 19:46:59 PDT 2021

I do the opposite of many here.

I buy 20 gallons of rv antifreeze a year at about $3 per gallon. I pump out
the cold side of both tanks, drain the hot side. Then the first few gallons
tries to charge the hot water tank, running a few gallons into each tank,
run all faucets hot and then cold putting out the pink , then drain the hot
water heater again draining the pink, taking no chances. Easy enough to
flush out in spring and flushing through a shot glass of bleach and water
anyway, system is always fresh.

I also have a bucket to put in cockpit with valve, running that to raw
water pump, running a couple buckets of freshwater running the engine on
the hard, then running 5 gallons of rv a/f through engine.

The last couple gallons of a/f gets dumped in the toilet and pumped into
holding tank with a bottle of the usual holding tank treatment.

2002 C320 #902