[C320-list] Rig tension

Dennis Cookson dennis at cooksons.net
Wed Oct 13 10:25:02 PDT 2021

Peter, you can find the Loos rigging guide complete with conversion charts at https://ebyoj2gi6ug.exactdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/INST-07.pdf <https://ebyoj2gi6ug.exactdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/INST-07.pdf>.

If you are using imperial-sized wires, a PT-2 gauge reading of 31 corresponds to a tension of 720lbs for 1/4” wire.  Anything in the region of 40lbs would be considered to be extremely slack (off the charts).

Regards,
Dennis Cookson
Catalina #577 1999