[C320-list] Engine soundproofing

Chris Burti clburti at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 11:55:32 PDT 2021

 I did this project using the Soundown panels and it was a relatively easy
job. I recommend that you use the optional pin hangers. The only place that
it was tight was the pulley on the front of the engine. I ran the engine
and let the pulley cut its own clearance and then taped it with the foil.
 There was a noticeable  reduction in noise and heat. I used my iphone to
run a decibel check and don't recall the numbers, but I think it was a
15-20% reduction. Still noisy, but better and worth the effort. The only
real downside was that the covers are very heavy now. This led me to
installing an 8" inspection plate on the side of the aft cover so that I
can check the oil without having to remove the cover... which was a good
idea anyway.

Fair Winds,
Chris Burti
Commitment #867