[C320-list] Rope Clutches

SARA SCHROEDER saras951 at comcast.net
Mon Sep 20 20:17:52 PDT 2021

I have two rope clutches on my 2000 C320 that are slipping. Thank you to those who identified the source for replacing them. I called and while they are "only" $60 each my gut says "replace them all."  After doing the math I was chatting with a C360 owner and he said he has figured out how to open up his 1999 C360 clutches and tighten them up.  Has anyone done this?  If so, do you have simple instructions?  They couldn't manage to get those clutches any closer together!!

Sara
Wandering Star
2000 / #707