[C320-list] Cutless bearing replacement

Albert Kitten brahmanykite at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 20:20:02 PDT 2022

I made my own tools as well for a 1 inch shaft.

However taking a few thow of the dia of the tube is better than selecting a
much smaller dia pushing tool as it will preserve the end of the new
bearing during fitment and the old one during removal, especially if the
bearing has a brass outer skin.
They can grow into the housing and I don't use that type.
 I push the bearing inward and cut it off the shaft with a skinny cutting
disc. It just easy !!
I bought a  foot of 1 1/4 od 316 off cut for $5
Have replaced 7 bearings that way since our new 320 in 2008

(Always ensure the shaft remains free to turn during the replacement and a
hint is to warm the p bracket with a heat gun so it expands slightly)
Happy days.