[C320-list] Standing rigging - compression vs self fit

Scott Westwood scottwestwood at bellsouth.net
Sun Apr 17 03:34:31 PDT 2022

I have my own thoughts but open to hear opinions:Most standing I see is compression. Some reason for that?  I was just told the self fit type (such as Stay-lok) have more holding power and uses basic hand tools? Easy to do yourself.
My instinct is to use what is most often used by almost everybody... and leave mast failure to professionals.
Anybody used/done/replaced their own rigging using self-fit rigging?

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android