[C320-list] Diesel sound proofing

B. Stumpp bstumpp at comcast.net
Tue Apr 26 08:36:01 PDT 2022

I am curious if anyone has found a substitute for the thick, heavy sound
proofing that is sold by the marine sellers to soundproof the engine
compartment.

The thick material I installed 20 years ago has always made the two engine
lids heavy to handle and now needs to be replaced.

There are a number of automotive-based sound proofing products available -
Noico Solutions, Dynamat, Killmat,  and others.

Has anyone tried these as a replacement?  What are you finding?  Results?

Bruce Stumpp

#647, Adventure

Middle River, Maryland