[C320-list] Portlight Replacement/Repair?

David Wellerstein dwellers at mac.com
Tue Apr 26 18:44:26 PDT 2022

Thanks for that advice!

I spoke too soon (as usual) on the port lights.  I actually had the backing frame (the side inside the cabin) backwards and had to reverse them all.  And cutting the Lewmar plastic trim is an absolute bear.  I still don’t have them in properly and am considering going without them, though my wife is loudly objecting to that idea.

Does anyone have a tip on how to trim those plastic covers???  I tried tin snips and I just can’t get in there.

Lots of butyl tape came out when I re-did the frames so I hope they are still good and watertight.  But the nice thing about the butyl tape is that if I have to re-bed them it won’t be terrible getting them out.

Thanks all!

David
C320 “Dream Catcher” #118