[C320-list] Toilet Related

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 10 12:32:30 PDT 2022

Note that on older hulls (like my #32) there is an anti-siphon loop for the toilet, but it does not extend up into my medicine cabinet.  It is accessed by removing the medicine cabinet (easy remove 4 screws and pull out the whole cabinet).
Dave Hupe 1994 C320 #32
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Wed, Aug 10, 2022 at 3:22 PM, Ade Bateman<ade.bateman at outlook.com> wrote:   I think this question is specifically about the anti-siphon loop that runs between the head pump and the bowl.

New toilets are often supplied with a hose that goes directly from the pump to the bowl. Independent of the question of whether to replace the existing hoses, the question here is whether it is okay to use this hose as supplied or whether the hoses "that run behind the head wall" are required.

Those hoses are part of an anti-siphon loop that goes up into the cabinet above the toilet. The purpose is to make sure that if the head inlet valve is open then water cannot siphon into the boat should the heal angle be sufficient to bring the toilet below the water line (and water for some reason flows through pump unchecked). It's a good safety precaution and I think it would be a good idea to keep the loop in place, even if you replace the hoses.

You can see the design in the Catalina drawing that I extracted from the 320 manual here: https://pages.adrianba.net/c320/HoldingTankAndHead.pdf