[C320-list] Fuel sender puzzler...

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 10 18:50:42 PDT 2022

There is a procedure posted I think in the association technical documents to test your fuel gage.  Try that?
Dave - I suggest always specify your hull number when you post anything so people can determine if their boat systems are similar to yours and their answers apply.

Dave Hupe 1994 C320 #32

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Wed, Aug 10, 2022 at 9:17 PM, David Birken<davebirken at hotmail.com> wrote:   The fuel tank on my C320 is not quite a cube but instead much deeper along the forward section than aft. The fuel level sender is positioned in the deeper part of the tank forward. I have just returned from a ~14 hour motor and filled up just before leaving. The gauge still reads full after returning and I ran pretty hard (3000 rpm) so I assume consumption was at least 1/2 gal per hour or more.

The sender was just replaced 2 years ago. Any ideas on how to calibrate this? Do I need to replace sender? How do I compensate for a trapazoid shaped tank? Anyone with experience on this?? I appreciate all thoughts.