[C320-list] Replacing TOILET RELATED!

mseyler at cox.net mseyler at cox.net
Thu Aug 11 17:56:55 PDT 2022

I replaced my toilet years ago when I first bought the boat.  Two suggestions:

Get a hose pick to release the old hoses.  It's a tool with a thin spike like an ice pick, but with a right angle bend an inch from the end. You slide the end in between the hose and the fitting, and then push or pull the handle to slide it around the circumstance of the hose to release the hose from the fitting.  It also helps with coolant hoses as well.

When it's time to install the new hose, either use a heat gun or a bucket or pot of hot water to soften the end of the hose before you try to jam it on the fitting.  And be sure you have the hose lined up the way you want it, as twisting it once it's on the tank or the toilet won't be easy.

Goof Luck,

Mark Seyler
S/V Reality,
Catalina 320, #232