[C320-list] Prop shaft removal

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 18 06:52:06 PST 2022

Elliot-
I am responding to your 320 post and simultaneously sending straight your your normal email, since the association posts/replies are not reliable now.
I helped Chuck Mueller (#676) when he replaced his shaft.  With the cutlass bearing out, we were able to sneak the shaft forward past the rudder.  However, it was tight and necessary to bend the shaft as this was done. It did not harm the shaft, but scratched the rudder slightly as we fed it forward.  It might help to have something like a thin plastic/teflon cutting board at the time that you place between the shaft and rudder to aid this.
I cc'd Chuck so he might provide additional feedback to you.
Dave Hupe #32

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sun, Dec 18, 2022 at 1:34 AM, Elliott Womack<elliottwomack at gmail.com> wrote:   We got a PYI max prop for the C320 and need to switch the current bronze
prop shaft for a stainless steel shaft. Can anyone who has done it confirm
whether the shaft will slip past the rudder with the cutlass bearing
removed?