[C320-list] Garmin Sail Pack

mseyler at cox.net mseyler at cox.net
Wed Dec 21 09:19:32 PST 2022

John,

I can't answer whether the Garmin sensor would match the existing TackTick base or the mounting holes in the top of the mast.  But I replaced the wind sensor on my 1995 No. 232 last summer, and I am pretty familiar with the masthead plate to which the sensor attaches.

The masthead plate is about 1/8 inch thick aluminum, and the part where the base attaches is flat, and parallel to the waterline.  The plate on my boat was tapped for 2 #10 machine screws that fastened the base of the sensor to the masthead.  It is theoretically possible that the Garmin arm might fit into the TackTick base, but I wouldn't count on that, and I'd be surprised if the screw holes even lined up from one brand to the next.  But once I took the masthead plate off, it was easy enough to drill and tap new holes to match the base of the new wind sensor.

Hope this helps.

Mark Seyler
S/V Reality,
Catalina 320, #232