[C320-list] Life Lines

Jack Brennan jackbrennan at bellsouth.net
Tue Feb 1 14:03:43 PST 2022

I’m experimenting with Amsteel Blue lifelines right now. The jury is still out for me.

Functionally, they are fine.  Cosmetically, they leave a little to be desired. But that may reflect my lack of design skills more than anything.

After maybe 18 months, they show almost no UV degradation. I used cow hitch knots on the fittings, ordered off Amazon, and chain links around the stanchions to keep the lines from running through when I opened a gate.

My biggest mistake was not ordering pre-stretched line or stretching it myself. The first month or so, I kept having to re-tie the knots as the line sagged. They’re fine now.

Jack Brennan
Sonas, 1998 Catalina 320
Tierra Verde, Fl.

Sent from Mail for Windows