[C320-list] Pulling cables for new electronics

Charles r Martin chiprmartin at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 07:37:04 PST 2022

Dear Shipmates:

My current challenge is in order to upgrade my electronics to a NMEA 2000 based system (so I can add AIS, connect with an iPad at the chart table, and upgrade my auto helm), I will need to pull new cables through the poles on the binnacle.  Has anyone else tried this?  It looks to be a challenge, especially as I hope to leave some existing cables in place (sensor cables and power cables). I couldn’t find anything on this in the C320 toolbox.  I see some warnings regarding cross talk and ferrites that I need to understand better.

Best,
Chip Martin
S/V Bonaventure, Hull #767
(410) 231-0199