[C320-list] Two Quick Questions

Karl Mielenhausen kmielen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 08:43:00 PST 2022

PHRF ratings are all over the place and (my understanding) determined
locally.
That said, mine here on the Neuse River (NC) is 183.
Base rating is 159. Jib measured at 134.5% (+3), with 3-bladed fixed prop
(+18), and with a jib furler (+3).
Even the "modifiers" seem to vary from area to area.
I never could seem to overcome the drag of the prop, unless the wind was
blowing over 15!!

Karl