[C320-list] Aqualift muffler drain problem

islgirl3 at aol.com islgirl3 at aol.com
Sat Jan 15 09:47:03 PST 2022

Did you try epoxy? I have used the two part putty to repair a leaking fuel tank connection.

Rich Barbara Rita. 897

  On Sat, Jan 15, 2022 at 12:09 PM, windswept at stx.rr.com<windswept at stx.rr.com> wrote:   Hi All,

Has anyone repaired the aqualift muffler where the drain fitting screws into
the side of the muffler just above the bottom?  On WindSwept mine developed
an intermittent small leak and I decided to replace the fitting.  When I
took the fitting out the male threads were badly corroded.  Seemed like an
easy fix but when I screwed in a new fitting it became obvious that the
female threads were in bad shape too.  So far I have not be able to get a
leak free seal even with the use of a generous amount of Teflon tape.  The
internal female threads are so bad that the fitting doesn't engage until the
fitting is almost bottomed out.  I am looking for a fix that I can make
without having to replace the muffler or take it out of the boat.  I would
like to avoid removing it if possible.  Any suggestions?

Larry

WindSwept C320 #246