[C320-list] RPM Sensor

Melissa&Larry Leibman theleibmans at verizon.net
Thu Jan 20 13:56:48 PST 2022

Hi Chip,

On Hull #609 the RPM sender is at the engine flywheel and is easy to remove as shown in the image at the link below. I removed mine to check for any issues a while back (which there weren’t) and discovered the issue I had was in the gage and appears to be related to internal corrosion. By re-adjusting the calibration screw in the tachometer it seems to work better. Every few years I take it out and “wiggle it” and it works well again so there must be some bad contacts internally.

https://c320.org/mediagallery/media.php?f=0&sort=0&s=20090710174524286

Regards,
Larry

EasyGoing, Hull #609, 1999