[C320-list] Manual Whale Bilge Pump in Cockpit

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 27 07:46:47 PDT 2022

Does anyone have experience on the older (1994) C320 rebuilding their manual Whale pump that is located just above the starboard aft seat in the cockpit?  More specifically, I want to try to determine the model number so I can order correct service parts.  I have a slight water leak (from rainwater, not related to pumping) that I believe is due to a dried-out rubber "gaiter".  I do not have a cover on the outside that would help prevent rainwater infiltration.  The "gaiter" is the large rubber disc held by the plate mounted on the cockpit wall that encircles the pump handle socket.
I have no documentation for this with my boat, but in researching this (I started with Catalina Direct web site) I believe the pump is a 28gpm Whale Gusher Titan Thru or Deck Mount pump (I think Whale model BP4410, or Catalina Direct Item Z2745) https://www.catalinadirect.com/shop-by-boat/catalina-34/interior/plumbing/pumps/bilge-pump-with-handle-28-gpm/?SearchResults=1
I am fairly certain about this based on the spacing of the 4 screws holes mounting the visible plate in the cockpit and 2 more mount screws beneath that match my setup.
So, can anyone confirm my suspicions?  I have not removed the pump to look for model numbers.
Dave Hupe
1994 C320 #32
Holland, MI