[C320-list] Replacing Water Hose to Cockpit Shower

Jeff Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Wed Jun 29 09:09:40 PDT 2022

Tim,

This isn't be a big complicated project.  To save time/effort, I'd replace both lines at the same time. You will need to buy 50mm red and blue PEX hose.  The 1/2" stuff from hardware stores doesn't work with Whale fittings.

- Disconnect the hoses from the stern shower and unclip them from the black hull clips wherever you see them
- Remove the drawers and cabinet frame below the galley sink
- Remove the little teak compartment below the Stove and you'll see the red and blue hoses run through there that go to the stern shower.
- Disconnect them from their Whale fittings below the sink (and any black support clips they are snapped into)
- Should be able to use a 6" strip of duct tape to join the new and old hoses together.  Then just pull the new one through.

BTW, this is an excellent time to do the simple change to move the water tank valves up under the galley sink.  It's super easy to push a single line from the water pump and have it pop out under the sink.  This was one of the first projects I undertook and it was ridiculously easy for a novice.

Then you can simply swap tanks using the little access door under the nav station.  I understand some older hulls don't have this access door, but it's easy to add.

Cheers.
-Jeff Hare