[C320-list] New Propane tank & now need new supply pig tail, regulator & gauge.

Bob Borelli cassattc22 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 9 10:52:05 PST 2022

Guy,
Thank you for posting your frightening experience onboard Pleaides.
The thought of a fireball in the cabin with your wife in the aft cabin.
Frightening an understatement.

Based on your experience I've ordered new parts from Catalina Direct including new solenoid valve, pigtail, regulator & gauge.
So from 10lb tank to solenoid all new parts.
Next, as you did, I will replace the propane supply hose from the locker to the stove.
And add a 12 volt propane alarm in the cabin down low by the stove, where exactly I'm not sure yet.

Also the drain line from the bottom of the propane locker to the transom discharge appears to be blocked.
Only a small trace of red food color trickling out of the clam shell cover discharge on the transom.
>From outside I cannot push a rod into the clam shell.
>From inside it's a tight space to remove the drain hose from the fitting on the inside of the transom.
But I intend to replace this drain hose with new & clear the clam shell overboard discharge.

Guy, thank you again!

Bob Borelli   1995 C320 no. 209 at Sailing Associates Inc on the Sassafras Maryland.