[C320-list] No posts since March 9??

Charles r Martin chiprmartin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 10:27:33 PDT 2022

In the spirit of interesting sailboat chatter, here is a poser:  what are the two cam cleat-like devices just inside the mast end of a standard boom on the C320.  On my boat, they just hang there and don’t seem to have any purpose. There are two lines that run into my boom (the outhaul and the reefing line), but neither line seems to use or relate in any way I can tell to these cam cleats (if that is what they are).  Any guesses?

Best,
Chip Martin
S/V Bonaventure, Hull #767
(410) 231-0199