[C320-list] Portlight/hatch update

David Wellerstein dwellers at mac.com
Tue May 3 07:40:30 PDT 2022

So, four new portlights installed and inside trim pieces trimmed and in place.  Thank goodness for the Dremel with a cutting blade.  It wasn’t pretty but it worked!  That was quite literally the hardest part of the job!

Now it’s on to the Bomar trapezoidal hatch up front.  It seems to be leaking from the aft-most corners of the hatch.  I’ve put new fasteners in the empty holes but I think I need to remove and re-bed the whole hatch.  If anyone has done that, I’d love some tips.  Do I need to remove the lens or can I just remove the whole unit like a portlight?  I don’t think the dog o-ring replacement is necessary.

The replacement hatch from Catalina Direct is over $1000 so I’ll try to keep the current one if possible.

Thanks!

David
“Dream Catcher” #118