[C320-list] ENGINE FUEL PRIME

Jack Brennan jackbrennan at bellsouth.net
Fri May 13 18:05:01 PDT 2022

Hi Graeme:

I should have mentioned this earlier. I didn’t like the stock Racor and replaced it with a 500 model, mounted on the bulkhead in the port stern locker. I thought the original was a pain where it was mounted under the aft bunk. This gives me easy access and viewing.

The gauge replaces the handle on the top of the 500. It has a white all-clear section, a yellow warning zone and a red watch-out section. I’m not at the boat, but my memory is that the red zone is about 10 psi and yellow is more than 5.

I’m not sure whether you can mount this gauge on the stock filter. You can also mount a pressure gauge in the fuel line between the filter and the fuel pump, if you choose to keep the original Racor.

Jack Brennan
Sonas, 1998 Catalina 320
Tierra Verde, Fl.

Sent from Mail for Windows