[C320-list] Rope Clutch

Jeff Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Fri May 20 18:00:35 PDT 2022

Did you connect Garhauer?  I think you can repair these pretty easily.  So yours look like these?https://www.garhauermarine.com/product-category/deck-blocks-hardware-mast-boom-blocks-hardware/rope-clutches/Jeff Hare
-------- Original message --------From: SARA SCHROEDER <saras951 at comcast.net> Date: 5/20/22  10:37 AM  (GMT-08:00) To: C320-list at catalina320.com Subject: [C320-list] Rope Clutch After installing a new mail halyard, I have determined that the reason my main "slips" after being raised is that the rope clutch is failing.  I called the manufacturer and they do not make internal rebuild kits so I am looking at a new one. Since the three on starboard get the most use (main/reef/vang) I think I will just replace all three.  Port side seems fine for now. The question is this: Is there a backing plate that is tapped for screws on the cabin house?  If not, how do you replace them?Thanks!SaraWandering Star2000/#707Seattle