[C320-list] Dropping rudder? maybe. Experiences out there?

KEN GEIGER kendgb at aol.com
Wed Oct 12 14:12:11 PDT 2022

Once it is on the hard, some are able to dig a hole below rudder and drop it into that.  I have seen some using ratcheting straps to lower then lift back.
Ken Geiger#765 2000 NorthernDream on the hard near Georgian Bay

Sent from the all-new AOL app for Android

  On Wed, 12 Oct 2022 at 17:00, Scott Westwood<scottwestwood at bellsouth.net> wrote:   I "may" have to drop the rudder to eliminate some wobble. Preparing to install linear auto-helm.  Wobble is not bad so may not do it but...has anybody done that?  Looks like you remove the steering cable "disc" (has through bolt), then one bolt in the emergency tiller compartment.  How much does the rudder weigh?  Looks like I need to haul it and block it about 3ft higher to allow it to come out?  Any experiences?NOTE/FYI: CD has a kit for this so they must be aware. Short version: Drop rudder, wax rudder post, drill 3 holes around top and bottom of trunk, re-insert waxed rudder post, inject some sort of resin/filler, then let harden.

Thanks,

Scott Westwood scottwestwood at bellsouth.net C (919)- 819-9794